Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Gift






What Christmas means to our family is all about the ultimate gift.
And being Christian that ultimate gift was the birth of Jesus.
God gave his only son. Nothing can or ever will come close
To the gift of ones child. Bottom line it’s the reason Christians celebrate
Christmas. The gift of a son to the entire world.

So this Christmas means that much more to me. Because
this Christmas we were given 2 of the most precious gifts . Two gifts
that have brought so much joy into this home that its bursting
At the seams. Our gifts will last a life time. Our gifts bring never ending
Joy, fun, excitement and adventure.
Our gifts were given by a beautiful young Ethiopian woman. Someone so
Selfless so kind and so amazing. She gave us the ultimate most precious
Gift one could give. She not only brought indescribably joy to me Tom and Zac
she brought joy to so many others.

I think about her always, every time I look into Jackson’s eyes and every time I see Lucas smile. This Christmas no matter what joy I am feeling my thoughts will constantly be with that wonderful mother far away from here yet right here in our hearts. One of the Most important and meaningful moments of my life was meeting her. And the best part is I get to share that meeting with my wonderful sons.

I want her to know how healthy her boys are. I want her to know how happy they are and how much fun they are to be with. I wish I could share every minute of their lives with her. Her selfless act came with so much pain. Pain that I pray I never know. For one to love their children so much that they would make the choice she made

This Christmas I would love for all my family and friends to please say a special
prayer for our extended family in Ethiopia. Pray for their health and happiness.
For all of you that are a part of Jackson and Lucas’ life remember their family back in Ethiopia and keep them in your prayers.

Every year I cannot wait to give presents and yes get presents too I will admit it
I love everything about Christmas. The lights, music, family, food everything that goes with it. But thanks to our wonderful little boys Lucas and Jackson and the gift we were given It really brings me back to why Christmas is so special. And that it all started with a gift
Of a son.

I want to thank all of you for everything you have done for us, the support the friendship, helping us with the babies. We are so blessed and could not have done this without family and friends. We love all of you so much!!!!!

Merry Christmas to all of you out there in Blog land.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well said! We will indeed keep the boys' family in Ethiopia in our prayers.
Oh yeah, and I hope you bought me more kleenex for Christmas! I went thru all of mine reading this.

Cousin Kimmy said...

WOW...that was incredible. You and your family are such wonderful people and I'm so happy that you are there for them two boys. I would also have to agree with Aunt Nancy that I'm in need of some kleenex after that. Hope that you all had a great christmas. Love and miss you all dearly.