Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Africa was amazing!! But so happy to be home!!!

I really wanted to type the entire experience and I will just not sure when.

The boys are not feeling well. I think between jet lag and everything being so different

they are not adjusting so well. They are waking up every hour at the most and they are not on the same schedule yet. Thank GOD for Tom. He has been wonderful.

Ethiopia was beautiful and eye opening as anyone would expect. So much to share with all of you and I promise I will once the boys are doing better and things have settled down here.

Here is one of the many many pictures of kids we met while over there. These children were goat and cattle herders they are out there all day doing this morning until evening. They had no shoes or socks and it was so cold that day. All their little noses were running . They were so sweet and so happy to see us all. They loved getting their picture taken. You seen kids like this everywhere they start as early as 4 years old doing this.

I have so much to share with all of you but for now I have 2 screaming kids that refuse to sleep.

I will try to post this weekend.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hi Kerry,
I've been thinking about you all since you left. You are home and safe now and that's good to know. I can't wait to hear about the experiences you've had. I bet the stories that you have to share are simply amazing. Good luck with the boys. I'll be thinking of you and Tom during the sleepless nights and long days. It's those scarifies we do for our children that they never truely understand until they grow up and have babies of their own. I'll say some prayers for you, Tom, Zac and the boys. This period of time may be difficult but it will pass as all things do. Many rewards lay ahead for all of you. Let me know when me and my girls can come see you and your boys!! =) Love ya guys. See ya soon hopefully. =)